If you’re worried about damage to your molars, fortunately, they can be protected. Your molars are highly vulnerable to damage in the form of tooth decay and cavities. This is because they are a prime target for chewing foods and can easily wear down over time. In addition, food debris and bacteria can often settle on the chewing surfaces and slowly eat away your tooth enamel. With a product such as dental sealants, you can help keep your teeth safe from dental erosion. Listed below are a few tips concerning dental sealants:
– Dental sealants provide a thin coating that is both durable and clear. Due to its clear design, your dentist can still see if there’s any damage occurring underneath in the future.
– Dental sealants have been proven to be highly effective in children, and safe for their teeth. A single dental sealant can reduce a child’s risk for tooth decay by as much as 75%.
– Children can have dental sealants put in place when they are as young as 6 years old or whenever their first molars grow in.
– Dental sealants are most effective for molars and premolars that need additional protection on their chewing surfaces. Dental sealants can resist acids that can otherwise eat through your own tooth enamel.
– Dental sealants can effectively last up 10 years before they need to be repaired.
– Studies have shown that dental sealants can lower a person’s risk for tooth decay by as much as 80%.
No matter the oral health care procedures you are in need of, Dr. Ferrell and our team at Center Creek Dental are here to help you in every way we can. If you would like to set up an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Lehi, Utah, please call us at 801-766-3700 to speak with a member of our team.